- R-410A will cost much more than R-22. False.
- Like any new product, initial manufacturing costs are somewhat high. However, with the EPA mandated deadlines approaching, the price of R-410A will come down as the price of R-22 rises due to scarcity.
- R-410A is new technology so it’s smarter to wait to buy. False.
- In fact, air conditioners that use R-410A have been in use since the mid 90s, so the technology is only new to people who haven’t heard of it.
- R-410A air conditioners are prone to breaking down more often. False.
- The new technology used in R-410A systems are built with a heavier gauge metal to provide heavy duty operation. The tougher metal reduces equipment damaging vibrations and also eliminates much of the rattle and hum noises you get with older air conditioners.
- R-410A equipment is unsafe. False.
- There are currently more than a million R-410A air conditioners operating across the globe. There is nearly a decade of field testing and product reviews that report there is no evidence suggesting R-22 systems are any safer. New R-410A systems are meticulously tested by their manufacturers as well as independent safety testing laboratories before they are made available for purchase.