Top 5 Signs You Need a New Boiler Installation for Your Warwick HomeMany homes in the Warwick area are heated by residential boilers rather than furnaces. There are many advantages of radiant heating, including warm, comfortable surfaces and more efficient heat balance between rooms. However, if you start to notice any of the following signs, it's time to look into a newer high efficiency boiler installation:
- Smell of gas or oil: Any odors emitting from your boiler call for immediate professional attention. Gas or oil released into your indoor air may be a sign of a leak resulting in inefficient energy usage and additional expenses. Plus, gas and oil fumes can be hazardous to your health, not to mention flammable. We recommend taking care of this right away.
- Inaccurate temperatures: There is nothing more frustrating than having a thermostat tell you that it's one temperature while your rooms clearly feel colder. Having a thermostat inaccurately report temperatures is a sign your boiler is under too much strain. Constant extremes aren’t good either. Any fluctuations in heat or water temperatures could mean a damaged boiler.
- Leaking water: Homeowners should of course be concerned if pools of water show up in unwanted places. A leak, no matter how small or large, while not entirely detrimental to the overall boiler system, will more than likely increase your utility bills. Leaks mean the boiler will need more oil or gas energy (i.e. more of your money) to achieve its heating goals.
- Hissing sounds: Hissing noises could be a sign of uneven water distribution and might lead to eventual overheating. They are also nagging sounds that may disrupt the peace and harmony of your home environment.
- Age: Boilers, like all plumbing systems, should be regularly maintained and adjusted for efficiency to ensure proper water heating.