- Poor Air Quality- Are your having allergies out of season? It could be because you need duct cleaning! If your ventilation for your HVAC system hasn't been maintained in a while, it can collect dust and other contaminants that get distributed through the air.
- Loud Sounds- Not every furnace can be whisper-quiet, but it also shouldn't be making banging sounds or other strange noises during normal operation.
- Higher-than-Average Bills- Have your heating bills been going up each month? It could be because the weather is getting colder...or there may be something wrong. If you start to notice a huge jump in the price of your energy bills, consider an inspection.
- Uneven Heating Between Rooms- If you experience insufficient heat or heat that is unevenly balanced between different rooms, you may have issues with your ventilation or your insulation. Either way, you should have a professional come and perform a check up on your furnace.
- Temperatures Not Matching Thermostat- Should you notice that your home feels colder or warmer than the temperature on your thermostat, it may not be your thermostats problem. Sometimes, when a furnace is old enough, it fails to produce the proper temperatures even though it is burning the same amount of fuel.