If your AC isn’t producing cold enough air:
- Check your setup to see if the setting is only on “Fan” (no need to be embarrassed, it happens to the best of us!)
- Look through the house for a door or window that has been left open.
- Clean the filter and make sure nothing is clogging it up.
- From the outside, ensure that nothing is blocking your AC unit - 3 feet of clearance is needed for quality air flow.
If you’re AC isn’t running at all:
- The plug may have come loose from the outlet (again, nothing to be embarrassed about!)
- Investigate for a blown fuse or circuit breaker on your property.
- Inspect the outlet and try plugging the AC unit into a different one with the same voltage capacity that is able to support your AC unit.
Common AC Problems That Require a Simple Repair
- Broken or worn out power cord. Due to fire and safety issues, have our professionals replace the cord properly.
- In the condenser, grimy coils will cause frosting issues. The safest approach is to get in touch with our AC professionals to take care of this problem accurately.
- Humming sounds probably mean you need a new fan motor.