What are Some Common Toilet Problems?Our Warwick plumber offers amazing toilet repair, but there are a few causes for toilet repair more common than others. Here are 5 common issues we usually encounter:
- Clogs/Overflows: When a toilet drain is clogged, a single flush can cause it to overflow. Make sure you always have a plunger handy to resolve the clog. Simply place the plunger over the drain, pump it up and down a couple of times and remove it. More complex clogs, however, must be removed by a professional.
- A Leaking Base: This can be caused by worn seals, a cracked bowl or tank, or a leaking supply line. If you can’t see any cracks, then try tightening the bolts on the seals. If that fails, we can replace the seals.
- Tank and Bowl Leaks: The mounting bolts situated at the base of the ballcock assembly are probably loose. However, if the problem is due to a broken flange, you’ll need to call a Warwick plumber for further assistance.
- Low or No Flush: This is usually caused by sediment clogging the siphon jet or the holes under the rim of the bowl. If cleaning thoroughly with a brush and bleach doesn’t fix the issue, one of our many plumbers will use a wire coat wall mount to carefully remove the dirt.
- Strange Water Tank Noises: This usually indicates a stuck float, a broken ballcock, or a refill tube that reaches too far into the overflow line. We can unstick the float, adjust the refill tube, or replace the ballcock in its entirety.